What dictionaries are used in search?
- Dictionaries on the bookshelf of the current translation direction (you see their icons above the word list when the bookshelf is not hidden).
- Dictionaries on the bookshelf of the reverse translation direction. To see their icons, reverse the translation direction by clicking the button.
Note. When you click the button or the Find in ABBYY Lingvo link, the program will look up only the local dictionaries. To search in online dictionaries, click the link Find in Online Dictionaries in the search results window.
How can you run a search in only one dictionary?
- In the chosen translation direction disable all dictionaries but one. To do so, right-click the dictionary icon on the bookshelf and choose Enable Only This Dictionary in the dropdown menu.
- Disable all dictionaries for the reverse translation direction. To do so, reverse the translation direction by clicking the button. Right-click the bookshelf and choose Disable All Dictionaries in the dropdown menu.
- Enter your query in the search field and click .
All ABBYY Lingvo hotkeys