Inserting Pictures and Sounds
You can insert a picture, sound or video file in a DSL dictionary entry (card). When you open the entry, the picture, sound or video file will be replaced with an icon. Click the icon to display the picture in a separate window, to listen to the sound or to see the video clip.
- Multimedia files must be located in the folder of the corresponding dictionary.
- If the image, sound or video files are added when compiling the dictionary, these files need not be located in the folder where the dictionary itself is located.
To insert a picture in a DSL dictionary entry:
- Write the name of the image file followed by the multimedia tags.
Supported image formats:
BMP, Bitmaps (*.bmp)
To insert a sound in a DSL dictionary entry:
- Write the name of the sound file followed by the multimedia tags.
Note. A sound card compatible with your operating system should be used for listening sound files.
Supported sound formats:
Wave Sound (*.wav)
To insert a video in a DSL dictionary entry:
- In the DSL text of your card, write the name of the video file followed by [s] tags.